Tuesday, July 20, 2010

27.

"And she deserves to rot," I overhear them, talking behind my best friend's back.
I turn around, glare, but they don't see me.
"FUCK YOU," I scream. From across the street, they look up.
They smile, flash the finger, and go back to their business. Or, not really their business, but they seem to think it is.
"YOU TREATED HER LIKE CRAP! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU? HOW DON'T YOU SEE THAT? YOU TREATED HER LIKE CRAP AND MADE HER FEEL GUILTY WHEN SHE HAD A SMALL, TASTE OF HAPPINESS."
My best friend isn't even aware of this, but people seem to hate her for reasons unfit. I love her. I love her, and fuck the world for not understanding that.
No, she does not, in fact, deserve to rot. She's my best friend. My sister. The only reason she didn't dump you sooner was because she didn't want you to kill yourself. She felt guilty EVERY DAY for even existing, because you made her feel that way. She complimented you, and you told her you were TOO TIRED to compliment her back. TOO UPSET.
But did you even once consider that every time you did that it hurt her a bit? That every time you did that, it made her feel like crap. And when she'd say, "I'm happy today," you'd tell her how many times you cut yourself up and fucked yourself over. And her smile would vanish.

I know you're going to hate me now.
I don't care.
I choose her over you.
She's more important.

No comments:

Post a Comment