Monday, February 14, 2011

The moon and the stars

Maybe you hurt me. We've gone drinking every poison we could find, and that's okay, that's just great. We've lied and screamed and we've been those scared little girls in the grasp of villains. And that's all right. Together, we've run away from it all and promised ourselves the stars and the moon, the whole entire universe's strings to play with, we've promised the world but you know... I never really wanted the world. Sometimes I'm scared to talk to you now because you've changed so much. It's like it always was. You're not waiting for me but I'm waiting so patiently, so desperately like maybe you'll switch back and it'll all have been a dream... Dreams, of course... Dreams I've heard lies whispered that it'll all just work out.
Maybe you've hurt me, but lift up my sleeves. I don't see any wounds there, do you? You're not looking at me, but I don't really want the world. Give me the stars, I mean...I'll cherish them if they're a gift from you, but it isn't the stars I'm dreaming of, is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment